Wednesday, February 24, 2010

You're going to miss this...

"You're going to miss this
You're going to want this back
You're going to wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're going to miss this....."

After hearing that Madeline will be arriving on 3/23 (as long as she doesn't try and escape on her own) I immediately thought of this song. As much discomfort as she causes me with her foot in my rib cage, or when she sits on my bladder/lungs, the fact that I have a hard time putting my own socks and shoes on, and even walking up the stairs at times - I will miss my girl always being with me. She has been my sidekick for 9 months, and although I am psyched that I will get to hold her and smooch her face soon, I will miss the kicks, hiccups, rolling etc.... So for the next 4 weeks, Maddie and I will go about our usual routine that we have developed, and Anthony and I will really cherish our last couple of weeks together as 2-fer until we become a family of 3!!!

2 comments:

  1. I still miss my little buddy being with me 24/7...it is an amazing and blessed feeling to know that your sweet little baby is always with you and always warm, cozy and well taken care of...not that she isn't now, but not always by ME...enjoy these last few weeks to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pregnancy is definitely something that guys miss out on! I remember the first time Julia hiccuped outside my belly. I felt a little teary only hearing it and not feeling the rhythmic butterfly flutters. Glad you are enjoying it overall. That is a beautiful song!
    Brigid

    ReplyDelete